Do you love CultureMe? Would you like to expound upon that love and contribute to our site? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We are always looking to add to our contributor roster, to bring in your fresh stories, your funny ideas, your gorgeous illustrations and expand our beloved CultureMe community.
So, what exactly are we looking for?
Glad you asked.
What’s right for us: We’re especially interested in personal essays and cultural criticism with unique and diverse points of view, smart articles with original reporting, and illustrations. We want stories that you’re passionate about and that only you could tell. We want to hear what you’re obsessed with, whether it’s a TECH news or a review you have made or your grandmother’s pie recipe.
We love essays that highlight creativity, dream jobs, positive body image, learning to be an adult, friendships, the weirdness of relationships, and learning how to work through tough times (whether it be the big crises, or the small “I just don’t like myself this morning” moments). We want stories that make us feel like we’re all in this together, whether it’s an essay on how a celebrity inspires you or the way a news event connects with you personally.
What’s not right for us: Snark, girl on girl crimes, takedown pieces
Right now, we’re not looking for pieces of fiction, poems, or plays (even though we think they’re totally awesome).
Who we’re looking for:
- Funny, honest, smart, creative people with strong writing and grammar skills and the ability to spin an interesting yarn.
- Artists and illustrators who want to share their work with the HelloGiggles community.
Does this sound like a dream come true?
Then here’s what to do:
- Email us at [email protected] with ideas you have for specific articles and a brief (one paragraph) description of who you are and what kind of writing you do.
- In the subject line, write a very short description of the idea you have for an article, i.e. “What Gilmore Girls Taught Me about Friendship” or “Tricks to make your life easier” (You can include more ideas in the body of the email)
- If you already have a draft of a story you think might be right for us, go ahead and send it! We’d love to read it to see if it might be a good fit.
- If you have writing samples, send them along.